Sunday, September 12, 2021

Sweetboi Returns

 

September 12, 2021

Betrayed DJ by sleeping during the ride back from Folly. It could not be helped. Home to a waiting throng of turkeys, and Maud planted foursquare hollering at me for being gone. She’s now glued to the desk, against my chest, head nestled in the crook of my arm, purring, which makes it hard to type but which is otherwise gratifying. Tried to do some writing. I thought I heard a noise downstairs, but I hadn’t, really, unless it was the impalpable call of an old friend. Sweetboi was standing on the pavement below the side porch, surveying what has never ceased to be his domain. 

Spent last evening watching 9-11 documentaries. Still a dagger in the heart. Would we rise to another occasion such as that, or would we stand amid the ruins blaming one another? 

No comments: