Saturday, September 25, 2021

 

September 22, 2021

Begin the day with a call to Citicards concerning four thousand dollars of bogus charges. The California thief bought herself Uber rides, and airline tickets-- Delta and American (and insurance)-- apparently in her own name, so maybe we have her. She also bought an extraordinary quantity of flowers from FTD. This is happening with some frequency. 

I remember father saying that one of the pleasure of old age was thinking of comforting memories. Maybe I’m not old enough, but my memories are at this point a number of things, but not comforting. When I think of things that happened when I was a kid, it’s often with the apprehension that, without my knowing it at the time, I was being selfish or awkward, and didn’t know because people were kind enough not to call me to account. 

No comments: