Monday, October 19, 2020

 


October 18, 2020


Excellent gardening day yesterday, in the crisp cool sun. Got most of what remains done, and the path open for the rest, which will but labor and repetition. Mental exhaustion–maybe from the sprint toward the end for OBN– seems to be eroding today, and maybe there will be some writing. 

Strange dream. I moved into a large apartment complex, the kind with pools and towel service and elevators and lots of young professional tenants, and a giant busy lobby. This is a recurrence of this dream, which I first had long ago, when it had something to do with TD. He had wanted me to move there with him, I think. Anyway, nothing in the apartment worked, everything was exactly the way I wouldn’t want it, and the manager went on vacation even as I finally found out where his office was. I’d left my car somewhere, and took a bus to go find it, and discovered that the bus was going the wrong way. The apartment was near Hiram, and I watched the skyline of Charlotte lift into sight. I ran through my head if I had enough money for a taxi home. The dream continued through at least one trip to the bathroom, and even after I woke up it ran in my mind as thoughts rather than purely a dream. Makes you question what a dream is.  I need no warning against doing something like that; I have not come close in the past to doing anything like that. My theory has always been that various intelligences mutually inhabit one, and the one that rules dreams is not necessarily connected–in any way that makes sense–to the one that lights daily life. 


No comments: