Sunday, October 18, 2020

 


October 16, 2020

Rain. Went to Staples and picked up my new computer, the old one having died rather catastrophically– after, I will admit, allowing me to back up irreplaceable documents. Even the technicians had to call India (or whatever it is they do) to make it engage one last time. $$$$. This week has been a strain, some of it connected to the mechanics of using a computer (heard myself screaming at the top of my lungs twice JUST LET ME DO IT!), some of it connected to the haste and magnitude of finishing off the proofs for OBN . I was not entirely satisfied with what I read as I proofed that last time, but the problems were stylistic, evolutionary (which is to say, that’s just how I was writing then) and would have taken a complete re-write to resolve. Went to bed last night literally sick from exhaustion and frustration. Better in the morning. Couldn’t have been worse. Of course I was sure it was Covid, but it was just Too Much. Took 5 spent computers or parts of same to recycling.

Walked in Bent Creek yesterday. Too tired to get much put of it, except they’re planting lights for a grand Christmas display.

No comments: