Thursday, January 9, 2020


January 8, 2020

YMCA first thing. It’s healthy. . . one feels better all day. . . plus one has the sight of beautiful young men all sweated up first thing in the morning.

Ran into Adam K at the High 5, his father and his brother traveling with him to get him set up (again) in New York. Gave me joy to see him. It’s not impossible that, if I end up going with Sophie to Greece, I’ll visit Adam’s father on his island.

Circe seems not only to be no worse, but to be slightly better, opening her swollen eye from time to time, eating lustily, moving from one favorite place to another. I believe that this is well and we can go on as long as it does. If I’m wrong, I hope that gentle spirit can forgive me.

. . .  The surprising realization that I had not, until this moment, read the blurbs on the back of The Falls of the Wyona, where I am compared to Jack London. Never saw that coming.

No comments: