Friday, January 17, 2020


January 16, 2020

Christopher Tolkien is dead.

Read in Zach’s office the checklist on what you should be able to do at my age to insure a healthy and independent life. I fall short on every single thing except sleep. I still sleep like a champion.

The cat spirit in the house was basically Circe’s. Maud and I creep around in silence, like an old bachelor and an old maid.

The acceptance of Beautiful Necklaces continues to be a joy and an astonishment to me.

RE from AGMC says he finished NSDL and–

12:35 PM (3 hours ago)
to me, Richard

and my soul wants to imagine the rest of the story.

I read a lot, I have bookcases filled with the husks of tales I have devoured.
This is one of the few that will always be more than an empty husk

I know your voice, your physical voice. I hear it when I recall your incantations of poetry.  I never heard it when listening to the narrator.  How did you do that?

I love that he didn’t hear my voice in the book. It wasn’t me. He also outlined the ways in which he was related by blood to my fictional characters.

No comments: