Monday, December 9, 2019


December 9, 2019

Wrote before dawn at High 5 what might be the beginning of a sequel to NSDL. Off in the bitter rain to the studio, where I painted happily and entertained a trickle of unexpected guests. My painting was triggered by vast, strange dreams before waking. I remembered huge paintings I had done, and hung in galleries that recurred in dreams long ago, but which I had not entered for a very long time. I longed for them. They were like firmaments. They were like Charlie’s paintings in NSDL. I do not know what is to become of me in any passage of my life. I do not know where any of the paths I try will lead. I barely understand where they have led. Bought cheese that the package said I should eat out of the center of itself with a spoon. That is a life lesson, if only I can figure it out.

No comments: