Friday, August 7, 2015


August 7, 2015

Met Z coming into the gym as I was leaving it. I felt virtuous. I might have just completed the most strenuous work-out in the world.

Leg back to normal, I guess, except for my scanning and analyzing every twinge, fearing it will send me back to the moment of paralysis.

Laborious fertilizing of the roses. I say “laborious” but the labor was actually a sort of meditation, calming. When I looked at the clock and saw that time had passed, I couldn’t really account for all of it. Couldn’t remember all that I had done, just a sensation of sun and water and wafting perfumes. Oh, I squashed a few Japanese beetles.

Durango’s river flooded by acids.
   
Idiot Republicans on the TV last night. The Governor of Ohio was the best of the lot, and he only so by virtue of approaching normal from the underside.

No comments: