Thursday, August 13, 2015


August 13, 2015

Arvo Part on Pandora. Low golden light through the eastern windows.

Was writing outside at the High Five, saw T cross the street pulling D behind him. I thought two things before I recognized who it was: “Wow! There’s a handsome man,” and “There’s a man in a tremendous hurry.” He was working on his screenplay with W that morning, and not to be disturbed. I walked up to the window just to say howdy, and the look on his face was wrath until he realized I wasn’t going to stay.  Made me feel contingent. Of course, I usually feel contingent, but you’d think there’d be some exceptions. There aren’t.

But The Poems continue.

Thinking of NSDL. Will readers, should there be any, think everybody is kind of a jerk? Certainly didn’t intend it that way, but the world doesn’t INTEND it that way either. It just happens. I THINK I excised all that which was just getting stuff out of my system.

Dramatic dreams at waking. The paper had done a savage article on me, and everyone was talking about it. When I finally read the article, it said that I had brought two guns and $400 to a school to pay for target lessons for my two sons. I spent time in the dream trying to figure out why everyone was scandalized, when my boys went to a school where they taught gun safety, and  when the article itself hadn’t put any particular spin on it. Circe was watching me intensely when I woke. I must have struggled in my sleep.

First Humanities meeting today.

No comments: