Monday, September 2, 2024

 

August 30, 2024

An incredibly fine and diaphanous insect got into the house last night. I saw it only when it passed in front of the TV, but a couple of times it brushed against my face, cool and slight as floating hair, difficult to credit as a living thing. 

I went to sit on the back porch tonight, but changed plans because Madame Turkey and her two offspring were already there, displayed in attitudes of royal ease. 

Agitated over social issues, over disappointments and opportunities, interpreting comments, judging glances, reading subtle attitudes, trying to be sure of where I fit in. It’s like being in high school again. I thought there was a point when all that was left behind. 

Drove my Josh Stein for Governor sign into the ground. How long will it last? 


No comments: