Thursday, November 16, 2023

Views of Mount Pisgah

 

November 16, 2023

Watched a movie late last night, Design for Living from a play by Noel Coward– 1933, I think. I mention it because it was smart and witty and has the best first scene of any movie in the world, without, so far as I could tell, a single special effect. Don’t recall Miriam Hopkins from before, but she was sharp. That’s what I call a script. Besides the fact that two men prefer each other to the girl, but can’t, by the weight of a whole culture, say so. Incredibly, I saw one of its stars, Edward Everett Horton, live on stage at the Kenley Players in The Fantastiks at least thirty three years later.

Began my day at the Y, wherefore I felt fantastic, until late afternoon when the flux came upon me. That improves by the hour. Possibly I ate the pork lo mein after too many days in the fridge. 

Finished Three Views of Mount Pisgah, though there will be details and touch-ups. 

No comments: