Wednesday, November 22, 2023

 

November 19, 2023

Cloud of bluebirds in my yard when I left for church. 

Listened to our rendition of “Steal Away” on the Internet this afternoon. Almost perfect. 

Read Wilde and Lord A Douglas on R’s invitation at P, a throng of old guys who get together for society and, apparently, a program. The program was distended by R’s having to lecture widely and wildly at ever lacuna. There were six readers. We were told to take ten minutes each. I took ten. The others ranged from twenty to forty minutes.  I wondered if I wanted to join the group. I’m  bad at chit-chat, which is what most of that sort of thing is. Maybe I’d be better if I practiced. Some faces not seen in a long while. The idea of my natural society being now old gay men is more than a little horrifying. 


No comments: