Thursday, November 9, 2023

Planting

 

November 6, 2023

Great gardening day, in summer warmth. Dug and planted and mulched. Transplanted the white iris to enlarge the front peony bed. Planted tree peonies, transplanted those damaged in the process. Blue anemone. Narcissus and crocus in the backyard. Planted more bulbs this fall than ever before, by a factor, I think, of at least two. Species tulips remain. Never know why I buy tulips, but I do.

Attendance at Ben and Angela is looking like one of those affronts that shall never be forgiven. Long fuse, that burns hot once it’s lit.

Some noise earlier on about HART’s doing Washington Place. The season announcement arrived today, and I didn’t even have to look at it to know my play had not been chosen. 

Nap-dream that I had a pet raccoon. We brought joy wherever we went. 


No comments: