Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Whitsun

 

May 28, 2023

Pentecost. Extravagant rains. Closed the windows to calm my rattling bones. New flowers in the garden that will have to wait to be beheld up close.

DF wants to have lunch.

The first Pentecost since I came to All Souls in 1988 when the Gospel reading was not done in many languages by many people in the congregation. Missed it. Missed it dramatically. 

Unbelievably cold. Turned on the furnace. 

Stopped by the Sav-Mor after church. Two Hispanic men bought a whole lot of groceries, and when the clerk told them the sum, one of them dropped a handful of bills onto the counter. The clerk said, “You put those into my hand! That was very rude!” The man put the bills into her hand, and then left with his groceries. Her face was red. She was furious. Over the bills not being put into her hand? Something was going on that I didn’t understand. She snapped at me because I put my credit car in the slot before she was ready, but I think she was still harvesting the fury of her exchange with the men..


No comments: