Sunday, May 7, 2023

 


May 5, 2023

Lost my voice at rehearsal last night. Sheer exhaustion, I think. I had enough left to shout at our director, who had doubled down on a tactic she acknowledged to be rude and disrespectful, but which had determined to keep up until we gave her the effect she thinks she wants, which has not happened after five years of her doing the same thing. I told her to stop it, that it was ineffectual and infuriating. She said that she would, but who knows the actual outcome of the incident? I gain the reputation of a grumpy crank (in case I didn’t have that before)? All things are suddenly well with the chorus? Rob pursued me afterwards to hug me and say “Thank you. That needed to be said.” Hope to God it did. My punishment was a restless night full of horrible dreams, which involved–literally– exploring versions of hell. Brad Pitt seemed to be my companion in the journey, which lightened it surprisingly little. 

My sister sends the death notice of Esther, my father’s last sibling:

Esther H. (Hopes) Warne, age 95, of Brownsville, Pa., passed away Friday, August 28, 2015 after a brief illness.

She was born on Wednesday, July 7, 1920 in West Brownsville, Pa., daughter of Oliver Hopes and Daisy Mae (Houpt) Hopes.

She was preceded in death by her parents; by her loving husband, Boyd Warne; and all of her siblings. She is survived only by her nieces and nephews.

At her request, there will be no viewing and a private graveside service will be officiated by the Reverend Edward Truitt of Brownsville Wesleyan Methodist Church, Pa. She will be interred at T a y l o r C e m e t e r y Centerville, Pa., next to her parents. She will be deeply missed. No remembrance gifts or condolences are being accepted.

Arrangements are under the direction of NOVAK FUNERAL HOME, 515 Front Street, Brownsville, PA 15417.

No comments: