Monday, October 31, 2022

 

October 29, 2022


Found a video of Montford Park’s Dr Faustus from 2008. I was Mephistopheles. I was– to my own surprise–glorious. 

Knees, especially the right, in considerable pain. I began to use my dad’s cane. Though a bit too short, it relieved the issue more than I expected. Walking, lying: fine. Standing up and sitting down: yikes! Almost every malady I’ve had has either cycled through and gone away or settled and become liveable. Waiting for that for this.

My white rose–distinctly if delicately pink– opens like the full moon.

A family of feral cats (there may be 3) have taken shelter in my yard. I try to think of them as just more orphan fauna, welcome behind my walls. One lay among the anemones this afternoon watching the blue jays fly back and forth from the corn I’d put out for them. I don’t feed the cats. They subsist on something, for they are chubby and playful.

Walked to the front of the house to see two men standing on my driveway. They’d parked their car at the end, by the mailbox. Had they knocked? I doubt it, as I was in the kitchen and would have heard them. Their backs were to me, and either they were looking at their phones or taking photos of my dead cosmos. I opened the door, but didn’t call to them, as their dress made me think they were polsters or salesmen or evangelists. They returned to their car without looking back at the house to see me standing watching them. 


No comments: