Friday, October 21, 2022

 


October 16, 2022

Went a second time to The Frankenstein Rubrics, and was glad I did. Maybe it was the anxiety of first night, but the second time was better, funnier, sweeter, more relaxed– entertaining, which is a quality I don’t usually look for in my work. Still, nothing that Mary said could be heard. All that was lost. It seems such an easy thing to have fixed. The Creature’s innocence and sincerity grow. His relationship with Victor charmed the audience. Z was there. Nobody else I knew. I await the chorus of “Oh! It’s not still playing? I wish I could have seen it!” The structure of the play is irreparable, but there are lovely, thoughtful, and funny moments throughout. A pageant as much as a play. An entertainment. 

An actress I sort of knew encountered me in the parking lot. Her back was spasming, so I held her hand and supported her up to the theater door. A black station wagon stopped and the driver called to– Cathy, I think it was. The driver was quite boldly panhandling from the drivers seat of her car. Cathy gave her money. 

Went to all three services to declaim my Stewardship speech, staggering with exhaustion by the time it was over. Meant to go to the matinee this afternoon, but when I woke from my nap it was 4:20. 


No comments: