Friday, October 21, 2022

Dunkleosteus

 

October 21, 2022

“Improvements” on Merrimon Avenue are causing the predictable traffic catastrophes. A parking lot at certain parts of the day. Someone in a cubicle somewhere wanted to make his mark. 

Electric guy– trim, silver fox, sexy– fixed my plug, so all appliances can return to their assigned places. 

Set up my new studio. Will I paint? We’ll see. Feel the Angel of Patience beating his wings above my head. 

Finished the revision of Knight of the Flowers. 

SS reveals that K and her partner will be leaving the Magnetic at the end of the year. Asking myself why what I feel is betrayal. 

Then, email from K saying the building is being sold, and the present order disintegrates after January 1. Upheaval, probably disintegration, in either case. 

Afternoon, leaning into evening. I did begin again to paint, on an old (quite large) canvas never finished. The mood is different, slower, more careful, sketches before paint (which I never did before). Dunkleosteus is the first creature committed to paint. 


No comments: