Saturday, June 25, 2022

Renaissance

 June 24, 2022

I believe our Renaissance concert at Montford Park last night was a success. Adam’s ancillary Shakespeare material was charming and showcased every bit of his training. He and his friend premiered my anti-madrigal madrigal to ovations. I was in such pain at the end–inflammation of every imaginable square inch of my body–that I stumbled away before hearing much after performance chatter, but it seemed to me that most was well. I don’t know what causes such mass pain– maybe simply having neglected to take an aspirin beforehand. Most of my problems have simpler solutions than I entertain first off. S wanted to add an ornament to my costume, which was holding together with two giant safety pins in front. When she was done fussing (the ornament ultimately failed to attach) she had destroyed both heavy-duty safety pins and rendered them useless. I’d never seen such a thing before. Frenzy and anxiety attend upon her, a walking panic attack. It is organic. This understanding will make our relations easier in time to come. 

No comments: