Saturday, June 11, 2022

Dixit Dominus

 

June 11, 2022

Last night at All Souls for the Bach Akadamie doing Lotte, Bach, and Handel’s Dixit Dominus. More perfect interpretation cannot be imagined. The space was built for those forces and that music. 

This morning at the Summit Café to decide on the final contents and form of the Magnetic one-act festival in November. I had a play in the running, and managed not to ask (and they managed not to reveal) whether ir had made the cut or not. One of these times I’ll look. ---- OK, I looked; made it: 17th on a list of 20, Good enough. We had 900 submissions. 

After an email exchange with S, I learn that she was not sniping at me but at D behind me at rehearsal. He is in fact always too loud and, as S observed, his rushing encourages mine. I try to get to a note first to forestall his getting the wrong one, and it turns into a sad little race.  A weekend of introspection over nothing. In music, when a mistake is noted I always assume I’m the one who made it, and if I HADN’T made it, I enter a period of confusion. 

No comments: