Saturday, June 25, 2022

 

June 23, 2022

Full & broiling summer. I still like it better than The Freeze.

Iced coffee and a futile effort to write beside the French Broad. The water is low enough to expose great snags and shoals. Long flotillas of geese floating toward Marshall. 

Came home while Iris is still cleaning (which I almost never do). She has Tina Turner blasting through the house. Alexa must wonder what got into me. 

Exhaustion, hardly able to move or to keep awake, wondering how much of it is organic and how much is anxiety about the concert tonight.  I’m the most ready of all of us, but that in itself is alarming. Have not tried on my costume since I wore it 5 or 6 Christmases ago. Call is 5:30 for a 7:30 show. That can’t be good.

Gutter hanging from the roof this morning. I went to investigate, and the gash the squirrels gnawed is five feet long. Called the roofing people, to begin that ordeal. Traveler’s Insurance assures me I’m not insured against insects, rodents, birds, nesting or infestation of any kind. 

No comments: