Saturday, May 28, 2022

Hemp

 

May 25, 2022

Twenty more children massacred in Uvalde, Texas. Oh, we wring our hands. . . we say our prayers. . . we refuse to pass gun control legislation. The NRA has done far more violence in America than the Mafia. Why aren’t we seeing TV programs where brave Federal agents thwart and incarcerate NRA goons? A voice is heard in Ramah, weeping and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children and refusing to be comforted, because they are no more.

Chopping the vast bamboo stand that sprang up in the days I was away or prevented by rain, I realized why my spade shoulder is in pain. I came in and smeared hemp ointment on it, and the pain receded instantly. I’m the sort of person that does not automatically believe that such a thing has happened. 

Mr Jacobs from Ellet has died. 

Odd observation: I slept under a single sheet last night, in a room at least ten degrees cooler than the thermostat setting I kept through winter, perfectly comfortable. And yet on some winter nights, under a thick comforter, I would wake with violent convulsions of chills. 


No comments: