Thursday, October 28, 2021

 


October 25, 2021

Perfect storm of apparatus failure: the microwave caused a breaker in the kitchen to flip, and it cannot be flipped back; printer refuses to print, or does so only after negotiating a maze of error messages; new phone refuses to charge. Went to the Mall and began the process of getting a new phone (much less exasperating this time than the last; it all depends on who’s manning the desk) got, after 3 tries, the battery changed on my watch; began moving appliances away from the exploded circuit to ones that still work. Sat in the empty Food Court and had beef teriyaki while I waited for my watch battery to be changed. 

But before this, when the light was barely the light, I went to back garden and dug up peonies that had been overshadowed by other things and moved them to open space in the front. Planted new roots around them, and daffodils between the roots. Hard work first thing. 

Worried whether I’ll have the stamina for the Jerusalem trip. I tire fast, and though I recover, my days are over early. 


No comments: