Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Dear Professor

 


October 4, 2021

Dear Professor-- 

     I hope this finds you well. It has been about eight years since I've been in your classroom. You were an influential professor during my years at UNCA. I was really moved when you paid for my education eight years ago so I could graduate--this is something I will never forget--I am immensely grateful for this.  

Due to funding issues I was unable to finish my licensure to teach elementary school at UNCA, but because of you I was able to obtain a degree in Poetry and a Bachelor of Arts. This has given me so much. As a teacher you always inspired me to see the beauty in life and to dedicate myself to hard work. I will always remember the classes I took with you at UNCA. Your enthusiasm for education and students has remained with me even after I graduated with my Bachelor in Arts. I enjoyed and respected your teaching style and all the lessons I learned in your class. Your happiness to teach is one of the characteristics that has stayed with me all these years. Even though I was unable to finish my licensure at UNCA I have never given up on my goal and dream to teach Elementary Education. 

 I am serious about my passion for teaching and want to become a teacher. I'm emailing you to see if you'd be willing to work with me to write a letter of recommendation on my behalf for The University of New York at Albany and The City College of New York-as these are my top choices. I am at the beginning of my enrollment process, and understand your time is valuable. Thank you so much for all the work that you do. It is my dream to become a teacher so I can help and inspire students like you did for me. 

Sincerely,

LK 


In a dream, DJ and I ran the marathon at the Olympics, though the dream marathon was largely tumbling and gymnastics and not that much running. DJ knocked himself out near the end, and I was given the honor of telling him he’d come in 2nd. I had dropped out of the race long before. 


No comments: