Saturday, October 16, 2021

Mountain Music

 

October 14, 2021

Early to the Toyota dealership to get a once-over that the car evidently didn’t need, but at which time it was brought to my attention that my hubcaps had been stolen. $36.95 apiece used– but still petty, in my estimation. The creepy part is someone stealing onto my property in the dead of night and having free access to everything. Talked with the cute ginger salesman who said they barely saw new cars any more, and the ones that do arrive are gobbled up instantly. Supply line deficiencies everywhere. 

Since I was close already, drove my hubcapless car to the Parkway and walked the Hard Times south from Bad Fork. At the dusty plaza before the tunnel, a guy had set up a workshop and was repairing his bike. Farther down the road, another guy had pulled over to the side and was playing music very loudly from how white pick-up. The effect of that was surprisingly sweet, though, lilting Bluegrass tunes in the golding wood. 

Very few at AGMC rehearsal. I was–in effect– the lone bass. My secret is that I like that. I’ve about had my fill, though, of singing through a mask. 


No comments: