Saturday, April 11, 2020


April 11, 2020

Holy Saturday. Italian Lauda on the CD. Day of pale sapphire perfection. Massive gardening. Hacked out several lines of bamboo. Dug the bed for and lay down eighteen canna bulbs. Transplanted the variegated cannas I planted my first spring here, but which never prospered because they came up in the shade. Watched a thrush glean my front garden. Dug up a snake while planting. Left and dug somewhere else, and when I came back he had slithered away A woman was walking a big pink dog down Lakeshore. A car stopped on the street and the driver shouted “A pink dog!” After a little chatter, the woman said, “That’s what happens with a bored fifteen year old in the house.” The woman confided, “I don’t think she knows she’s pink.” Made a pork roast and put it in the fridge without eating any of it. Heard from Stephen in Dublin. He says he hasn’t seen anyone in days. This would be harder on the young and social. And the Lord sleeps in His tomb. Accidentally, but properly, I have been silent all day.

No comments: