Thursday, April 2, 2020


April 1, 2020

Open email to find a note from GB. Immediately recollect his enormous endowment. Happy memories. Apparently I used to write lots of letters to people, in which I enclosed poems. I hardly remember that at all.

Another cold and rainy day, though my spirit is higher than it was yesterday, full again of plans and determinations. I see for myself real difficult in getting back to schedules and deadlines after this. Having nothing in particular to do an infinite time to do it is seductive. Found myself resenting the recording of the Saint Matthew Passion yesterday, as it interfered with my doing nothing at all.

Wake as usual, but lie in bed indulging fantasies until the light breaks.

From a student on Facebook: David Hopes, your teaching had a lifelong impact on me. Thank you. Wish I remembered her.

No comments: