Tuesday, November 26, 2019


November 25, 2019

Contemplating the profitability of my vocation, concentrating on The Falls of the Wyona. It took $20 to enter the contest. I won the contest. The prize was a thousand dollars, which, nearly two years later, I have not received. Have twice gone to AWP (Tampa, Portland) to read or sign books at the Red Hen table in support of the book, something over $2000 each time. I went to New York to read in a tiny gay bookstore. Another $2000, I have bought 150 copies of the book (at a reduced price, yes) to aid in publicity and distribution. I sent them more than $400 so they could enter the book into contests. Have they done so? Who knows? I have been given the honor of going to the Virginia Festival of the Book, for which I will need to pay all my own expenses. I know people do make or nearly make their living in such a way, but, I, somehow, got a start down the wrong path.

Made cheesecake for a reception for our seniors.

No comments: