Thursday, November 14, 2019


November 14, 2019

Lovely Thursday, my day off. Wrote an act of a play in High 5. The play is about Title IX absurdities, so the task is to keep it from being absurd. The cafĂ© gets turbulent long about 9 AM, when late-sleepers arise. Wasted time at the bookstore in the Mall, so as to avoid the housecleaners. Thought I might look for Wyona, but when it wasn’t even under “local authors” I gave up. I will hold your feet to the fire, Almighty, until you allow one thing to come out right.

Have I waited too long to dig up the begonias? One of my Christmas cacti at school bears one magenta flower.

Here is an interesting issue: I’ve noticed before that when I’m fasting, the inflammation seeps out of my body. I’ve had nothing but coffee and a salad today, and though I was achy, stiff, and inflamed when I rose, I’m limber and without pain now, without the use of pills. Is that sufficient experiment? But I’m also grindingly hungry. Will the next issue of my life be finding the ground between inflammation and the distraction of hunger pangs? There are certainly worse things.

No comments: