Thursday, August 29, 2019


August 28, 2019

Best class ever on Don Quixote, better than planned, better than anticipated. S followed me to my office afterward and told me the story of his life, partially, how he wanted to be a track star but God had other plans and so he pulled some muscle or other. In response, he turned to God, who is fulfilling him in many ways, one of them being making him into a healer. He prayed over several people and healed them. He wanted to pray for me, and after I said “fine” I realized he meant there and then. He wanted to heal me of something in particular. The first thing that came into my mind was my devastated leg. We closed the door, and he laid his hands on it and prayed twice, as Christ had prayed twice over the incompletely healed blind man. He evidently expected immediate results, but we agreed something like that might take longer than the twinkling of an eye. I wished I’d picked something invisible, anemia or something, so that I could report progress that could not be contradicted by sight. Still. . . it was a sweet and interesting gesture. He and MT are friends, and the same unclouded God-trusting gleam can be seen in both. Both are attracted to me, but for my sanctity or because I’m a particularly tempting target for the reformer is uncertain.  I love being in the presence of such purity of heart and purpose.

Choir, then drinks at the Riverside. Broke three days of strict abstinence– imposed upon myself for no particular reason.

No comments: