Wednesday, April 18, 2018


April 18, 2018

Tangle of days and events, happening at exactly the moment when my anemia was reaching crisis, so everything lies under–mercifully– a wash of half-consciousness.  On that front, the stand-in doctor ordered the same tests Melissa ordered in the past, but he said something as he was walking out the door that may be the key to everything. I had been taking a variety of aspirins for the inflammation in my shoulders, and the ones I favored all cause bleeding from the stomach. Tylenol now stands alone–which I had avoided for some reason having to do, I think, with the unloveliness of the name. Also, S L sells me marijuana, so stomach-coddling relief may now be arriving from all sides.

The senior readings Sunday were outstanding–quite the best that they have ever been, the credit going absolutely to the quality and inventiveness of the students. Ethan memorized his piece and moved around the room delivering it. It was electrifying.  Moving the furniture for that event, though, exhausted me so that I was neutralized for two days– went to class, met expectation, but in a mist of exhaustion. Only then did I go to the doctor. Fell asleep in the waiting room.

New round of protests against Brothers, Lovers, and Friends, the mess with which we are saddled by B’s malfeasance. My argument is that we are not saddled with it at all, and may simply not perform it. The usual response to that is, “But we have spent so much money already.” Perhaps we have. Perhaps we should not debase our souls simply we emptied our pockets. One resents the energy that goes into matters like this, but not expending the energy insures victory for the Darkness.

Q has pulled out of Antigonus and withdrawn from all is classes, which he was failing. This may set onto an even keel one of the two or three most over-confident people I know. I do note that he has the distinction of annihilating TWO of my plays in the course of four months. One forgives youth everything. Well, most things. Certainly this. I find myself not actually caring very much.

Monday night snow fell, and the temperatures dipped below freezing. Not one of my plants seemed to have been damaged. That blessing balances all.

No comments: