Friday, February 7, 2014


February 7, 2014

Most of my energy as a writer has been dissipated in trying to force my way past ignorant and destructive gatekeepers. I will never be the writer I would have been if I hadn’t had to keep crossing and re-crossing the same ground. I have a hard time dealing with the aspect of criminal wastefulness anywhere I find it.

Interesting classes on the bible. The bible haters feel free to be vocal; the fundamentalists glower in silence. I wish I knew which to do something about. I did ask, “Who believes there really was a great flood and there really is an Ark resting somewhere on Mount Ararat?” The beautiful girl who sits in front raised her hand, and I realized I had to drop that line of discourse instantly, for mockery accomplishes nothing, in addition to being rude. Besides, do I KNOW there is no Ark upon Ararat?

The house grows barer and barer. I keep washing out and reusing the same mug. Today my cutting board is transported, and what I cook will come out of a can.  The cats widen the circles of their romps. I feed the birds on my porch, knowing there are no hooks for feeders on my new porch, and no give in the design of the facade to accommodate them.

No comments: