Monday, February 10, 2014


February 10, 2014

Jasmine tea in the silent dark.

The cats adjust to each new spasm of the Move. I do fear finally taking them across the street. My belief is they won’t care as long as I’m there, and will delight in the new spaces to explore. Won’t put down the rugs until they’re out of their vomiting-in-protest phase. Blizzard is threatened for moving day. I’ll carry on with it if Two Men and a Truck will.

Dreaded Valentine’s rehearsal come and gone– hated it as much as I expected, but also enjoyed it more. The balance is not quite balanced. One can abide being dragged along by other peoples’ enthusiasms, but one counts the minutes. Gave some of my best art to the auction, fearing now the pittance it may raise.

May audition for Man and Superman, which opens at the end of times when I have resolved not to leave the country or embark on anything big, settling into my new and–now that I think of it–last domicile. Energy ebbs and flows; today it flows.

A few revisions in the otherwise non-literary week

No comments: