Thursday, January 3, 2013



January 3, 2013

Opened my box of dry pastels at the studio, and was instantly entranced. They are immediate, responsive, expressive. I stayed most of the day there, fighting off the cold, play with the new medium. They’ve suggested new things to do with oils, as well, thing which I might have learned long ago if I hadn’t decided, in this, to be such an autodidact.

Bought a number of industrial strength candle holders from Marco, I wanted simply to give him money in his desperation, but he wouldn’t have that.

Cleaning day makes me look around for things to discard, worried that the cleaning ladies might think that I‘m untidy, It would be interesting to know what they do think, being, to some degree, now (I say this with a sigh) the most intimate people in my life.

No comments: