Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Post-op

Titus is home for a while. Dr. H did exploratory surgery (just as Dr R had done) and also concluded there is no chance of surgery. Unlike R, he took samples of the –growth (he thinks it’s no polyp) to send somewhere for analysis. He thinks it’s cancerous. When I went for him, Titus was so sick, drooling and collapsing, pressing his tired head against my chest. Later the drooling stopped, but he was groggy and unsuccessful in getting up on the couch. I was ashamed that I laughed. But the T-man is home for a while, and slept outside my door. I can’t explain the change his sickness makes. The other cats won’t come near him. Maud is downright hostile. I brushed him rigorously to get the medicine smell off, but maybe that wasn’t the problem. Dr H warned there would be bloodstains here and there where he lay, and there were. I am not good at this, even at the level at which it is now presented me. My sister had all my father’s sickroom duties, and I think that was a providence.

No comments: