Thursday, February 2, 2012

February 2, 2012

More fantastic dreams. In these I was giving friends a tour of Dream Ireland. I should have chosen Ireland for March, I know, but it will be cold and Malta will be warm. The dreams may have been occasioned by my being in bed by 8 PM, exhausted and, I thought, sick, though maybe it was just exhaustion. Missed choir. It would have been a misery had I gone. I have in fact been working hard. Guest speaker in Sam’s class yesterday. They were lively and interested. Put The Asheville Cantos together in a matter of three days, though I’d started writing them during Christmas break. The difficulty of publishing has been the single largest factor in my life as a writer–one of the big two or three issues in my general life-- and yet it is so universal it can hardly be spoken of. It’s like talking about a plague that everyone has or a flood that had put everyone on the roof. It has changed my nature from what it might have been. That at least must be acknowledged

No comments: