Monday, August 8, 2011


August 7, 2011

PayPal has decided my dispute in my favor, and returns 124 pounds to my account. That’s approaching $200 for tickets to Richard III at the Old Vic for a seat which did not exist. I expected no such outcome. I wonder where the get the money; surely the perps did not allow themselves to be located.

Sold my push mower to Kelly for $20. I could probably have used it, but Roland bought it and I therefore hated it.

Weeding, I found a luna moth caterpillar among the vine roots. It was colossal. You’re tempted to use comparisons involving body parts, but it was quite a bit bigger than both of my thumbs together without quite approaching the girth of an arm. It was emerald green, squirming, almost sickening in its fulness of life. I tossed it in the deeper thickets, where I did not intent to weed today, to let it pursue its beautiful destiny.

No comments: