Sunday, November 16, 2008

November 14, 2008

John and Scott finished the porch (though, in the rain, it leaks from a seam) but left their equipment here. I wondered why, until I got a call from John wondering if I didn’t want the back porch done too.

The Dean sends me a blistering email, wherein he scolds me for inferring motives behind actions when, he said, his motives, anyway, are so complicated I couldn’t possibly understand them. The matter is not of the moment to him, only my way of pursuing it. I don’t know what to do. However important this might have been, I can’t fight fog. All ths would have been as simple as handing me the check which was promised, one that I would have returned instantly if money had been the problem. Simplicity turns into fog and the feints of indecision. The Cathedral has broken my heart four times. I think that is about enough.

Standing at the lunch counter at UNCA. The student in front of me launched into a philippic concerning raw sushi, mentioning liver flukes and the like. I looked down at my hand. The package I held said very clearly, “Cook Eel Sushi.” I felt redeemed.

No comments: