Thursday, December 7, 2023

 

December 6, 2023

Greek Orthodox chants.

Found missing decorations two feet to the right of where I looked for them. Sobbed, as I always do, when I found Conrad’s tiny stocking. Conrad was the Christmas kitty. When he was sick I’d sleep in the living room with him curled against my chest, so he could enjoy the Christmas tree lights as long as he was alive. The cloth Santa and wreath Bonnie Lundblad gave to me. 

Listened to the tape of the GMC concert. It is good. I mean, good without making excuses. I am the least attractive person on the risers. 

When I was young– maybe four– my parents were told I was about to die, so they wanted to give me an adventure, so we went on a train from Akron to Youngstown. I remember it vividly–the train itself, the downtown hotel with a view of a city different from my own but somehow the same, the attentive people in the lobby, my own private tiny suitcase, the excitement I caused by throwing my socks out the window. What I don’t remember was if it was Christmas time, or did I just happen to think of it now. 

M publishes photos of himself and his children on Facebook to announce–subtly– that A is now out of the picture. 


No comments: