Monday, December 18, 2023

A God in the Waters

 

December 12, 2023

Reading of A God in the Waters here last night. Never winced, never thought O My God Why Did I Say That– in short, was entirely pleased. The play is nearly perfect in my ear, but what that means in the great world is impossible to say. It is all of a piece, descended from the same vision, unlike some things that get cobbled together out of bits and pieces. I wonder if other people can tell which is which. Quite good readers. I wondered how they kept from inspecting the Christmas trees, as I would have done. 

Vast pot of vegetable soup turns out to be bland. In goes half a bulb of garlic. 

Hayden at the UC of C

Auditioned on invitation for a February show at Magnetic. The plot is ludicrous, and when I asked for clarification they said, “it’s a farce.” They’ll be unhoused then, so I don’t know where this show will be, and didn’t ask. The set for their last show in their space is covered with naked bodies and glitter. K begged me to come to it, so I suppose all will unfold anon. 


No comments: