Monday, June 19, 2023

 

June 17, 2023

Watched Cherubini’s Medea from the Met last night. Riveted to the TV. Dark, majestic, dramatic. I don’t understand why it’s not a staple of the repertoire. 

Took the cat carrier to Goodwill.

Magnetic asks me to be in a couple of plays for their one act festival. I accept the clever, mordant, surprising one. I reject the one that’s about the wise homeless guy under the bridge lecturing to the new homeless kid how everything’s going to be all right. That is exactly the play I did last time, though preachier and therefore worse. Maybe I give off old homeless guy vibe. 

Learned that a woman who caused a lot of trouble for me-- baselessly, out of her own garden of ignorant misunderstandings-- is fighting cancer. Had to push it aside, as the thoughts I had were not worthy. 


No comments: