Friday, June 16, 2023

June 15, 2023

Haircut from a 6'6" guy with the build of Captain America. He once owned Rio Burrito, and witnesses that barbering is much less stressful than running a restaurant. In NC it takes as long to become a barber as it does to become a nurse, and far longer than it does to become a cop. 

Sang our concert pieces at rehearsal last night better than I ever had before. Perhaps that means the actual concert tonight will be second place. Our director cannot stop herself from screaming (literally screaming) “D!” when our final consonants are not grotesquely exaggerated. She’ll do it in the concert without thinking, and my rage will be so great it will be hard to sing. It’s pathological.  Also, we will never have rehearsed in the actual concert space. 

The scraping sound, which I heard again last night, is a raccoon either climbing or trying to climb a downspout. I hope she, finding no more gashes in the roof, will give it up as not worth the effort. At the stroke of midnight I was looking out the kitchen window and a saw a bear and at least one cub move down the drive into my garden. Their absolute silence meant I would have noticed nothing had I not been staring out the window at that exact moment. The cub did make a side trip to bounce on the wheelbarrow. My walled garden may make a good resting place for the night. 


No comments: