Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Easter

 

April 17, 2022

The Great Vigil of Easter last night, two Easter masses this morning. However meaningful it is to the congregant, to one of the performers (is that the word I want?) It can be grueling. I left the church in considerable pain, which ebbed away during a long nap. After the nap I rose and pruned roses and planted a patch of black-eyed Susans. I changed where I was going to plant the black-eyed Susans because Fatboi was grazing in back, and I didn’t want to disturb him. Maud doesn’t like me in the room when she’s eating. She’ll wait for a moment, then begin hollering until I leave. 

Blood stain on my collar when I took off my shirt.

Image during the Gospel reading of a warrior-god, blinding white, in a flash of white fie in a moonlit meadow. This was my vision, for today, of the risen Christ. 


No comments: