Sunday, March 7, 2021

 

March 7, 2021

Attended–in blazing blue winter light-- Magnetic’s Walking with Magnetic outdoor theater along the Reed Creek Greenway. It was well written, well performed, and the outdoor venue was rich rather than distracting. The play would not have succeeded on stage, but it didn’t have to. I fear I will lose my struggle against gender-blind casting. The pride I’ve been taking in my walking and breathing at the same time abilities were somewhat dependent, I see now, on my being alone and setting my own pace. In a group I’m easily exhausted and left in the dust. I think it was a little impolite. I could not walk faster; they could walk slower. Anyway, I need to remember this is still light years advanced from a year ago– when, right now, I would have been stumbling about on the streets of Dublin.

No comments: