Thursday, March 18, 2021

 March 17, 2021

Ann had an attack of Meniere’s, so our rehearsal was off and I wasted a shower. Wore my green, did nothing else Irish, except think of Ancestry.com and wonder when I could push past Peggy O’Neill. Began corrections for DSL. Stopped in my driveway by K, who was delivering a copy of APR, along with his usual whirlwind of name-dropping. He parked beside me and got out of the car, and I didn’t recognize him until he stood straight up. We all change so. I met him my first year of teaching here, when he corrected Alfred Kazin on some literary point. He remembers me as a brilliant teacher, and opined I must be tired of hearing that. No, in fact. I gave him a copy of Beautiful Necklaces. remembering only afterward that he, or at least his family, is in it.


No comments: