Wednesday, June 10, 2020


June 9, 2020

Many errands in the morning, which I tend to forget having done as the day goes on. Ordered take-out from Metropolitan Chinese, hot and sour soup and shrimp with onions. Opened the sack at home and found wonton soup and beef with Chinese vegetables. Asked myself if I really cared, and I didn’t.

Brought The Nurseryman’s Wedding to within a chapter of completion. The penultimate chapter had to be started three times. You know when it is right. You know because when it’s right it’s easy. If I gave one lesson to my budding writers, I hope it was this. That, and clarity before all.

Have been watching You Tube videos of Karens and tyrant cops and things which, in general, infuriate me. I couldn’t understand why I was doing that, until I felt my fury lessening-- sweetening, maybe– so that if I do encounter one of those situations I might not flare up, might not make it worse by instantly matching the level of rage. Auto-aversion therapy.

No comments: