Friday, December 21, 2018


December 21, 2018

Driving gray rain for the Solstice, dark, so that the Longest Night be even longer.

Merry AGMC party at All Soul’s, light and loving. The degree to which my increasing strength leads to increasing interest in social things is quite remarkable. My cookies were a hit. Among the gratifications little talked of is that of a cook seeing people gobbling up his wares. Hungry Milly joined us, and we got to slam Trump for the latest atrocities.

Good workout at the Y in the darker dark of the morning. Talked briefly with godlike Nat. Merely shaking his hand sent electricity through my body. I wonder if people who have that effect on others know that they do.

Ladybug on my lamp. I wish her well, not knowing how her kind pass the furious winter.

Peter Warlock going through my head.

The coffee grew cold as I wrote my Solstice poem.

Evening: dark again, darker still. The rain continues. Baked. Slept. Waiting for the Kindling.

No comments: