Monday, July 30, 2018


July 30, 2018

A homeless person lay asleep on the edge of the parking lot when I went to the café this morning. He lay flat on his back, head against his guitar, facing into the brightening morning sky. I mentioned him to the barista and she said, “We don’t think that’s our responsibility.” I hadn’t said it was. Made huge progress on Jason.

The guy from Duke Energy came to inspect the electric work. He said he had to turn off the electricity, and for some reason I went into aged curmudgeon mode, inventing all these reasons why he DARE not turn off my electricity. “I’m running an animation program that cannot be stopped and cannot be reset. It will take me four days to do it over.” Anything to torment the poor sincere boy. I don’t know why I did that, except to demonstrate the truth that they should not, just because they are a utility, believe their time to be more valuable than that of their customers. I wonder if he’s telling the story of his rotten day right now.

Weeding and mulching.

No comments: