Wednesday, May 9, 2018


May 9, 2018

Stainless, radiant spring. Listening to Finn Magill play original pieces on You Tube.

Have taken to writing by the river. Actually, I’ve written nothing, but I heard the geese and watched the waters flow.

Planted arisaema and meadow rue.

Considered the accolades delivered by professors at the faculty meeting, and the almost unbelievable slaughter of grammar within. A single person could be “they” and “she” several random times within the same sentence. 

Considered beginning a criticism blog for local theater, but saved myself the trouble by remember how nobody wants to hear the truth, especially those hollering loudest for “good criticism.” And, do I always know when I’m enlightening and when I’m punishing?

Did some work at the studio. Was not the right day for it. 

The cell phone rings downstairs. Praying it’s nothing important. Meant to see Sam tonight, and I hope nothing is awry with that.

Dream that I was taking the train from Asheville to Hendersonville. Halfway, I got off at a scenic New England seaport town and looked at the water and the quaint shops for a while. When it was time to leave, I realized I was frightened either to continue on with my planned journey or to turn around and go home. Stood on the platform praying for somebody to help me.

No comments: