Thursday, August 31, 2017


August 31, 2017

Browsing the Internet, came across a video of a Kiss-cam ranging across the crowd in a baseball stadium. It zeroed in on a handsome man and the beautiful woman beside him. But it had made a mistake. When the man noticed the camera, he turned to the bearded man beside him, and the two male lovers kissed in front of the crowd, which sent up a shaking roof of cheers. I burst into tears–of gratitude, finally– almost unable to believe that this has happened in my time. Blessed, blessed, blessed.

Began the Brahms Requiem at choir. Holy. The Depot afterwards last night. We met the three burly men at the next table –Amy knew one of them–and I must say it has been a while since I’ve had such a good time. We were drunk and silly and affectionate, and I wondered why every hour could not be that merry, or some portion of that merry. The bartenders gave me a sensational birthday present, of rare things bought at yard sales through the years. A plaster Siva I will especially prize.

Realized I have a vitamin D deficiency. That sound is my slapping my head at the stupidity and simplicity of it all.

No comments: